Demolition & Construction
Since January 2015 we have been decommissioning the services within Earls Court 1 (EC1) and Earls Court 2 (EC2) including gas and electrical supplies. Deconstruction activities are now well underway.
We continue to work closely with the Environmental Health Officers from the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea (RBKC) and the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham (LBHF), and our contractors Keltbray, to ensure that the appropriate steps to minimise any inconvenience are taken and that the appropriate health and safety measures are in place.
If you have any questions for the RBKC and LBHF Noise and Nuisance Environmental Health team, call the 24 hour helpline:
020 7361 3002
Acoustic screening and dust mitigation are being used on site, and deconstruction work is taking place between 8am – 6pm, Mon – Fri, and from 8am – 1pm on Saturday.
On occasion we will carry out works outside of these hours but local residents are advised in advance.
If you have any questions about the development, call our 24/7 Information Line:
0330 333 1510
You can also email us at:
We meet regularly with local business and residents associations to keep them informed of the latest developments. Details of public drop-in sessions are announced on the homepage of this website.
We are also be distributing regular newsletters to people who live in the area with updates on demolition. Click here to see the latest copy.
Our contractors Keltbray have been instructed to develop detailed strategies for demolition and construction work. They are very experienced construction and demolition companies with excellent reputations. They are also members of the Considerate Contractors Scheme which has a code of practice which must be adhered to that states:
- Be considerate to the needs of all those who are affected by the construction process and keep noise to a minimum whenever possible
- Be a good neighbour by consulting regularly with people who live in the area and keeping them informed at every stage of the process
- The safety of neighbours and passers-by is a priority and staff are expected to dress and behave respectably
- Be environmentally aware and manage waste responsibly
- Be a responsible employer and maintain health and safety standards
- Keep the site clean and tidy
- Use local resources wherever possible
- Pay special attention to the needs of those with sight, hearing or mobility difficulties