What information do we collect? How do we use it?
At times we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information. Generally this information is requested when you send us an enquiry or register for services on the site. We may gather and use information about you in the following ways:
- When you use our online enquiry form we may ask for information such as your name, email address and contact details. We keep a record of this information. This is necessary for dealing with your enquiries.
- When you register to use our site we may ask for information such as your name, email address and contact details. This is necessary for us to recognize you as a registered site user. We may keep a record of your preferences so that we can tailor our services to you.
- When you register to receive a newsletter we may ask for information such as your name and email address. This is necessary for us to send you the newsletter and keep you updated.
- We will use your personal details and information we obtain from you for administration and customer services, for marketing, and to ensure that the content, services and advertising that we offer are tailored to your needs and interests. We may keep your information for a reasonable period for these purposes.
- We intend to continue improving the content and function of our site. For this reason, we may monitor site usage information regarding visitors to and users of site. We also collect information on what pages users’ access, information volunteered by users (such as site registrations and survey information).
- We may need to share your information with our group companies, affiliates, service providers and agents for these purposes. We may disclose personal data in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- By providing us with your personal information you consent to our processing your personal data for the above purposes. You also consent to our transferring your information to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK, if necessary, for the above purposes. If we do make such a transfer, we will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure your information is protected.
How do we use your information for marketing?
We or our group companies and affiliates may contact you by mail, telephone, email or other electronic messaging service with offers of goods, services, promotions or information that may be of interest to you. By providing us with your contact details you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us please indicate this where requested on the registration page or contact us using the details below.
We may use information obtained about you from cookies (files which are sent to us by your computer or other access device) which we can access when you visit our site in future. We do this to allow us to identify users and personalise the site wherever possible. The cookies store small pieces of information about our visitors, such as names and email addresses. This means that on future visits to our sites, we can identify past visitors and welcome them back.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
If you want to stop cookies being stored on your computer in future, please refer to your browser manufacturer’s instructions by clicking “Help” in your browser menu. Further information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
We also include web beacons (also known as clear GIFs or web bugs) in our emails to track the success of our marketing campaigns. This means that if you open an email from us we can see which pages of our site you visit. Our web beacons do not store additional information on your computer but, by communicating with our cookies on your computer, they can tell us when you have opened our email. If you object to web beacons, we recommend you follow the instructions for deleting existing cookies and disabling future cookies above. We will still know how many of our emails are opened and we will automatically receive your IP address, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device.
How do we protect your information?
We secure your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. Information disclosed to us is kept accurate, up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected.
You should note that if our business (or any part of it) is sold or transferred at any time, the information we hold may form part of the assets transferred although will still only be used in accordance with this policy.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this policy at any time so you are encouraged to review this policy from time to time. We will, of course, notify you of any changes where we are required to do so.
You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. For quality control and training purposes, we may monitor or record your communications with us.
When and how to contact us
If your personal details change, if you change your mind about any of your marketing preferences or if you have any queries about how we use your information, please let us know by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org