Heavy Lifting Crane Schedule of Lifts - April
The Heavy Lifting Crane is being used to lift the 61 portal beams spanning the London Underground lines which require removal.
What are we doing?
- For safety reasons, the beams will be lifted out in night time ‘engineering hours’ when the London Underground lines are not in use. No other works will be carried out in these hours to minimise disruption.
- At no point will the crane or any portal beams ‘oversail’ property outside the Earls Court site boundary.
- Every planned lift will be subject to weather conditions and London Underground access being granted, so we cannot provide a definitive schedule.
- The planned lifting will start in late March 2017. The overall programme for lifting the 61 beams is targeted for 61 nights spread across approximately six months. The Heavy Lifting Crane is due to be on site until the end of 2017 when enabling works will finish.
- We will continue to post updates on myearlscourt.com about site progress. We also open our project exhibition space, the Earls Court Project Rooms, on Empress Place every second Saturday of the month for local people to visit and find out more about the project and the work that is taking place on site. The next ‘Second Saturday’ open day is on Saturday 8 April from 10am-4pm.
When are we lifting the portal beams?
The below table sets out our current expected lifting schedule for the portal beams for the next month. We will update this table regularly.
The location of the portal beams that are being lifted in March and April 2017 are illustrated below:
How you can contact us
If you have any questions about these works, please contact our 24/7 Earls Court Information Line on 0330 333 1510 or e-mail the Earls Court Community Engagement team at firstname.lastname@example.org